Camp WA WA Segowea is located on over 400 acres of pristine wilderness surrounding Harmon Pond in the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts. In this natural setting, campers from across the country have come for four generations to experience a classic American camping adventure.
Inclusion has been central to the “WA WA way” since the camp first began accepting girls in the 1970s and today Camp WA WA is a summer home for young people of all races, genders, religions, ethnicity, and sexual orientations.
Registration is processed on our platform at campdoc.com, an online portal that includes all of the materials you will need for an awesome camper experience! Please register for all of our programs HERE
Summer 2018 is “Make it Ourselves Camp” at Camp WA WA!
Base Camp, Ages 8-14
Cost: $1,500 for each two week session *Register before January 15 and receive $100 off!
- Campers thrive in a community environment that encourages self-expression, friendship building, risk taking, and outdoor play. Campers participate in twice daily all-camp activities, daily swim lessons, and choose afternoon skill building classes. Together with five to eight other campers and two experienced counselors, base campers create a cabin home that is an integral part of the larger Camp community. A sleep out under the stars is a highlight of the first week of each session and a camp dance closes the experience at the end of the second week.
Teen Camp, Ages 12-14
Cost: $1,700 for each two week session, Register before January 15, 2018 and receive $100 off!
- Teen Camp, Session 1: “Base Challenge:” Enjoy day outings into all the beauty that surrounds Camp WA WA! Special programming will include day hikes & a canoe outing, weekly overnights, and skill building experiences customized for our teen campers.
- Session 2: “AT Challenge” Embark on a two-night, three day hike on the Appalachian Trail! Additional special programming will include day hikes and a canoe outing, and select skill building experiences customized for teen campers.
Leadership Camp (LIT/CITs), 9th, 10th and 11th grade graduates
Cost: $1,000 for each two-week LIT session, $1,000 for the month-long CIT program *Register before January 15, 2018 and receive $100 off!
- Leaders in Training (LITs) are 9th and 10th grade graduates who are beginning their journey towards becoming counselors. LITs can attend for 1 or 2 sessions and live in an independent cabin while assisting Base Camp counselors with the camp program.
- Counselors in Training (CITs) are 10th grade graduates who join a month long program (Sessions 1 & 2) that prepares them to become Junior Counselors. CITs also have the option of becoming Certified Lifeguards and will be trained in First Aide and CPR. Both LITs and CITs engage in a leadership program that teaches the basics of camper development, skill instruction, and leadership potential.
Family Camp, Labor Day Weekend
Cost: $500 for full cabin rental (8 person maximum), $125 for individual full weekend, $50 for individual day (Sunday).
Families build memories that last a lifetime in a special summer ending program that offers relaxation, fun, and exploration in the woods for Labor Day weekend! Daily program options will include boating, fishing, hiking, games, and crafts. All meals are included in the cost.
Options for Youth Programs
One Week Base Camp Session: $850
A $100 non-refundable deposit is required with registration. This deposit goes towards session cost.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SHORTLY! Stay tuned for our latest updates! To register for all WA WA Summer 2018 programs, create a profile with our partners at CampDoc.com
“Campership” Scholarship Program
Campers are invited to apply for tuition assistance using our Scholarship Request Form located HERE . The deadline for the first round of applications is Feburary 1, 2018. Scholarships are granted on a needs basis thanks to the generous support of Smith Park, alumni donors and friends, and our Wally Waddle 5K Run and Walk Sponsors.
To support accessibility for all kids that want to attend Camp, please join our annual 5K Mother’s Day race and walk: The WA WA Wally Waddle.